OUR PROFICIENCY TESTING PROGRAM: 60 MESH AND 4 MESH COAL
QAR 60 MESH COAL PROGRAM (MONTHLY)
QAR 4 MESH COAL PROGRAM (MONTHLY)
QUALITY ASSURANCE RESOURCES analysis parameters for the 60 Mesh and 4 Mesh Coal Proficiency Testing Programs are tabulated in the pdf document below.
Download the PDF document here: Assessing Laboratory Performance.pdf
SYNOPSIS OF PROTOCOLS: 60 MESH AND 4 MESH COAL PROFICIENCY TESTING PROGRAMS
Upon completion of testing, duplicate analytical results are entered by the participating laboratories into a set of database files accessed through a secure link via the QAR-Internet Data Input System (QAR-IDIS). Integrity of each lab’s data is protected through a User ID/Password Security Program. The software and web interface are very user friendly and easy to navigate. At the end of the data input session, the participating laboratory will be asked to commit its data to the database. After committal of a lab’s data, no changes are allowed. Following committal of the data from all labs, or expiration of the predetermined reporting period, the statistical analysis of the database for a specific sample will be initiated. The Statistical Protocols have been written to produce easily understood statistical and summary reports and allow for future functional changes as required.
BENEFITS OF QAR IDIS PROFICIENCY TESTING PROGRAMS:
- Provides laboratories with a statistical Quality Assurance / Quality Control tool to compare individual laboratory performance with other domestic and international laboratories utilizing the same and different methods.
- Provides laboratories with an objective method for assessing and demonstrating the reliability of data produced for their customers.
- Provides a program to satisfy participation in proficiency testing programs as part of laboratory accreditation requirements.
- Provides internal Quality Control materials for control charting and troubleshooting problems with test methods.
- Provides data comparing different test methods which determine the same parameters, thereby providing an internal measurement for potential bias.
QAR INTERNET DATA INPUT SYSTEM
Following are the capabilities of the QAR-IDIS, (Internet Data Input System). The protocol for statistical analysis of the data generated by the program participants was written by an internationally recognized statistician, formerly Chairman of ASTM E11, ASTM Committee on Quality and Statistics.
The QAR-IDIS system accomplishes the following:
- Evaluates the database by parameter for each sample
- Produces a detailed report with multiple format Trend Charts (i.e., Statistical and ASTM Reproducibility)
- Stores historcial data – Six 500 GB hard drives available for data storage
- Complies with statistical methods and procedures as follows:
- ISO 13528 Statistical Methods for Use in Proficiency Testing by Inter-laboratory Comparisons
- ISO Guide 43 Proficiency Testing by Inter-laboratory Comparisons Part 1: Development and Operation of Proficiency Testing Schemes, and 21 other ISO standards, ASTM Committee E11 documents, and internationally recognized sources.
The QAR-IDIS software is very user friendly. It is installed on a state-of-the-art server with six 500 gigabyte hard drives to allow adequate space for data storage and rapid interface with participants inputting data.